Mar 9, 2015

Haiku on crappy books and My Daughter Likes Dio

I am working on one really inappropriate poem, but wanted to continue to post things more regularly, so more Haiku and a poem that plays to why this blog is named what it is.  The first haiku is in reference to a terrible book that I had to finish for some reason.

Haiku:


I finished that book
8 months later than planned,
no satisfaction and the wine is gone

and in that moment I said
Cheese knives are in the back of the drawer…
I was an adult.

She fell off of the playground
Four feet off the ground and pooped
I had to stifle laughter.

My Daughter Likes Dio
 
Last night,
At rush hour
As the sun set
Slowly over the
Pacific Northwest,
I drove my toddler home
While belting out my best
Completely off key renditions of
Metal ballads and punk rock songs
Dio and Bad Religion.
Under no illusion that I have
The slightest iota of talent,
But for that singular
Moment, I have my
First and possibly
Only adoring
Audience
Who cries when I stop.

No comments: