Jan 21, 2010

Regrets

Regrets

I wish I'd done some drugs, cause I'm too old to start,
I wish I'd had more sex, and had partied in high school,
I wish I'd had more crazy night and more stories to tell,
I wish I could relate to my favorite rock and roll songs,
I wish I'd caused more trouble and raised a bigger ruckus,
I wish I'd broke some windows and gotten in a fight.
and now I'm pushing thirty and my tales are all exaggerations,
I wish I'd gone camping more often and knew how to light a fire,
I wish I'd smoked a few cigarettes to I wouldn't look so boring,
I wish I'd been more impulsive, reacting without thought,
I wish I'd failed a class and even had detention.
Instead I was just a goody goody and I still don't have a job,
so what was it all good for, when to I get my reward?
I don't believe in heaven and no ones keeping score.
I can't believe I'm sitting here in my underwear with regrets,
when the suns out outside with a sinking feeling in my chest.
I've better get moving and start to rock this out,
I may never have wild sex or do drugs but that's not what my best stories
are about.




(I wrote it in the bath tub)

Maybe a kid's story later. Going to go drink tea and finish it and my genetics homework.

1 comment:

outofsorrow said...

(This is Andrea, duh.)

I totally could make a list quite similar to yours. Seriously. Though, in '09, I was walking around, drunk with my friend, and I was acting like Tom Waits and ended up smoking like five cigarettes. Oh, yeah...I've smoked now. I'm so hardcore. I burned a hole in a blanket, too. Drugs are bad, mmkaaaay? DERPA.