Jan 29, 2011

I should probably delete all of this tomorrow.

Let's all Just Hum for a Moment in Honor of Hummus and it's Powers


I had never eaten hummus until I met you,
and to this day, I know we’re meant for each other
because you get angry when I eat an entire package in one sitting.
but it’s really just your fault cause I do it out of love.
I can’t love you more and I can’t eat too much hummus,
cause I love you like multigrain crackers and garbanzo beans.



Robots and Coffee Mugs


Robots and coffee cups,
empty juice cups and beer bottles,
a half eaten tub of hummus,
and my night’s still not done.
It’s a wild one,
A real rager,
Movie material,
texting back and forth drunkenly
to a friend,
to make a computer game work,
while I let a beautiful woman
pass out in the other room
unattended to.
The coffee is gone,
there is no robot.
Yet.



And the day's haiku. ( I think that Haiku are short 3 linish poems expressing a thought or moment. I try to do the syllables, but would rather express the moment, hence they are flexihaikue.

My cat just said hi!
Jumped up onto my stomach.
For love or supper?

Can or bottle?
the eternal question that
I never remember.

I spent the day bundled
because of a bungled weather report,
tomorrow: the window.

Turn off the TV,
I’m coming to bed to talk
and put you to sleep with the New York Times.

The punk rock blasting
at 1 am is lulling me
to sleep with you.

Is it weird that part of me
doesn’t want to sell my old bike
that I’ll never ride again?

I am the underutilized horn section
in life’s ska band.
Clearly I’m the one that blows.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

You wrote these about me and I love you!