Oct 4, 2011

Chase Scene (part 2)

Chase Scene Part 2 (Started in last post)

Part 2
I should have stayed still.
Damn fight or flight reflex.
The second I break into the open
The bird of paradise swoops over the crowd.
It catches me quickly, as flying creatures usually can do.
It’s beautiful tail feathers flowing behind.
It makes it to my ear and whispers
In the voice of my father,
“you know you can’t run,
you know you can’t hide,
She’ll find you.
We can guess where you go,
And watch you from the sky,
From the roots,
From the eyes of marching elephants.”
With an odd cackle it returns skyward.
I never stop running,
And slam directly into the parade route
Through a break in the crowd.
Directly in front of me towers a cyborg
Elephant, marching in loose ranks with the parade,
“Stomp,” I hear him whisper.
The giant head swung towards me,
As I attempted to change directions,
But lose my footing.

Staring skyward,
A foot the size of my chest
Seems to hover above me.
Gravity.
“stomp”

No comments: