Apr 25, 2015

Short Poems on Anxiety.

Time to get vaguely confessional.  Throughout life, I've struggled a lot with anxiety and mental health issues.  Recently, I feel I've made some changes that have helped a lot and am feeling pretty damn good.  That said, here are some short poems that are reflections on anxiety.  This is a common topic for me, so I've also put 2 of my favorite songs about anxiety in here too: Jeff Rosenstock's Nausea and Green Days Brainstew. Enjoy and please don't look at these with concern, but as some reflection.


Short Anxiety Poems

I will crush you
Said  the creature in the hole
To the man.
Crush you from the inside.

____
Mid-30s angst poetry
Is complaining about taxes
And traffic
And a lack of sleep.

______
My Ipod is breaking
They don’t make them any more
Can you imagine getting phone call on your
Discman in 1999?
Sometimes I want to rip my phone
Back into it’s components,
When I just want to relax
And listen to songs about
Zoning out and anxiety.


_________
Wine
Is
Great
But
It breaks
Down
My
Well
Designed
Barriers
That
Hold back
The Incredible Hulk
Of anxiety
You wouldn’t  like me
When I’m spiraling.

_________
I can’t sit through
A tv show
Because I get so
Worried about
What the characters
Think about me.

 _____________
I am Petrified 
of a simple phone call
to anyone anywhere.



Thanks and keep rocking!


No comments: